Using the "broken" Epilog
The Epilog Laser Cutter is current experiencing technical difficulties: it is impossible to position the laser at a specific location and the gantry resets itself as if it were located in its recess. It is still possible to use it but in a limited way.
As of January 6th, 2015 the following procedure appears to work:
- Focus the laser by raising/lowering the bed.
- Locate the three pencil lines on the left side of the gantry recess.
- Manually position the laser pointer on the farthest line.
- Press "Go" and let the laser reset itself. It will position itself near the edge of the recess.
- Put your material in the upper-left corner of the bed.
- Position your design at the top, and 3/4" from the left side of your canvas
- If you need to position your design elsewhere on your material, shift it on your canvas, assuming the (0.75,0) position on your canvas corresponds to the (0,0) position on the laser bed.
- Make sure your design is less than 11" high
- Print without centering
- Press "Go"