Using the "broken" Epilog
The Epilog Laser Cutter is current experiencing technical difficulties: it is impossible to position the laser at a specific location and the gantry resets itself as if it were located in its recess. It is still possible to use it but in a limited way.
As of Januray 6th, 2015 the following procedure appears to work:
- Focus the laser by raising/lowering the bed.
- Locate the three pencil line on the left side of the gantry recess.
- Manually position the laser pointer on the farthest line.
- Press "Go" and let the laser reset itself. It will position itself near the edge of the recess.
- Put your material in the upper-left corner of the bed.
- Position your design at the top, and 3/4" from the left side of your canvas
- Make sure your design is less than 11" high
- Print without centering
- Press "Go"